About the Webinar
It’s tough enough figuring out the first steps of just about anything, but it’s especially hard when they’re the first steps toward building a brand new career. But, if you’ve been aiming to get a job in the wonderful world of front end development, we’ve got you covered!
Our founder and CEO, Adda Birnir, broke into tech by learning front end skills after a surprise layoff. And, in this webinar, she’ll tell you what you need to know to get started on your own path to becoming a front end developer so you can secure that higher-paying, flexible, more fulfilling career you’ve been looking for.
- What front end actually means and the hottest trend in front end development nowadays
- Which jobs you can get with front end skills (and the titles to look for when you’re searching those job boards!)
- The skills you need—from beginner to advanced—to break into front end development, plus “bonus” areas to master that will make you stand out from other job seekers
- Why you don’t need a degree to have a fantastic front end career
- How to compete with job candidates who have more experience, including how to use social media to your advantage and five ways to build your portfolio starting today
CEO & Founder, Skillcrush
Adda is the founder and CEO of Skillcrush, the country’s largest online education company focused on training women in technical topics and boasting an audience of more than 250,000 women learning life-changing digital skills.
Before founding Skillcrush, Adda ran a web design and development company that built websites for media clients such as The New York Times, ProPublica, the Manhattan Neighborhood Network, and MTV. She’s been named one of the “20 Women to Watch in Media” by the Columbia Journalism Review and one of the “30 Most Important Women in Tech” by Business Insider, and has been featured on the BBC, PBS, Fast Company, and Mashable.
Kelli is our Operations Manager here at Skillcrush. Plus, she's an early alum of Skillcrush 101 who made her career change into tech in her mid-40's! Kelli started with us as our Customer Support Manager and has also taken advanced web development classes and been an organizer in the Helsinki Rails Girls chapter.
In addition to helping the Skillcrush team and our wonderful students, Kelli loves podcasts (especially ones about tech, of course!), Corgis, emojis, and, most of all, catalan-style line dancing – as a true Texan living in Finland would!