The Web Designer Blueprint is a three-month long online course that includes everything you need to get started in Web Design: structured lessons, useful exercises, master classes with industry experts, killer cheatsheets and sample files, and instructors there to help guide you every step of the way! Your Blueprint is structured around three core classes:
Do you crave a more creative, fulfilling, and lucrative career? Are you tired of being held back by what you did or DIDN’T learn in school? Do you feel frustrated by the money you are leaving on the table by focusing on print design and not designing for the Web? Are you sick and tired of relying on developers to make your designs come alive?
You CAN learn the digital skills you need to transform your career and life. You just need to get started, the RIGHT way, with the Skillcrush Web Designer Blueprint. It’s everything you need to rock this Web thing!
Enrollment is currently closed. Sign up to find out when it opens!
What Web Designers Do:
Web designers are artisans and true digital creatives.
Steve Jobs famously said, “Design is not just what it looks like and feels like. Design is how it works.” The best web designers know that good web design is nearly invisible but utterly delightful. Their job is to make the websites and mobile applications they work on such a pleasure to use that you find yourself addicted, to make the buttons on screen look so delicious, you’ll want to lick them.
If you love art, beauty, people, fashion, and thinking about how someone lives, day-in-day-out, with one of your creations, then you will excel at web design.
Come design our collective digital future!
- Title: Partner & Designer
- Company: Funsize
- Where: Austin, TX
- What I Do: I’m a self-taught designer and I run a local mobile product design studio with my husband. (Yes, I’m really around my husband 24/7. No, it’s not as crazy as it sounds!)
- Why I Love It: I’m attracted to design not just for the pretty colors but for everything that goes on behind the scenes. I am intrigued by the way design ties into the human psyche and how a product you design can completely change human behavior. Aside from wanting to make things look beautiful, design gets me really excited when I know that what I’m working on is a product I believe in and that it has the potential to improve peoples’ lives.
- How I Got Here: I started with an internship at a digital agency. I was learning so much at my internship that I eventually dropped out of college. I soon moved to New York City where I spent time in the ranks at well known agencies, and discovered my deep interest in mobile design. Anthony, my husband, and I were both working on mobile products separately and realized that we could do what we were doing separately, together, and do it smarter. It’d give us the ability to create a lifestyle balance that we’ve dreamed of without the constraints of being employed. That’s when Funsize emerged.
- Advice For Aspiring Designer / Developers: Many people often refer to their full-time jobs as “stable”, but how stable is it if you can’t control your own destiny? You can be fired at any given moment for no specific reason. Carve out your own destiny and create your own stability; don’t let others do it for you.
Your First Class
Ready to dip your toe into web design? Learn the basic principles of designing for the web, including how to create user personas, typography and visual hierarchy. Whether you are an experienced designer or have no experience in design, if you use the web, this class will be relevant and fun for you!
YOU WILL LEARN: WireframesSitemapsUI / UXPhotoshop
This class begins Monday, June 30th.
Your Second Class
Don’t know the first thing about technology? Then this class is for you. HTML and CSS are the building blocks of the web. Learn how to structure, design and launch your own website in class. Don’t worry about getting stuck – We’re here to answer any questions you have along the way!
YOU WILL LEARN: HTMLCSSFTPDomainsHosting
This class begins Monday, August 4th.
Your Third Class
This class begins Monday, September 1st.
Weekly Live Chats
15 Awesome Cheatsheets
Exclusive Job Postings
TOP SECRET Bonuses (don't miss out!)
jQuery Plugins Package
A Professional-Looking Portfolio
Personal Letter of Recommendation
Certificate of Completion
How do I know if this class is for me?
- You want to get started in tech, but don't know how to begin.
- You are itching to code.
- You have dabbled in HTML & CSS, but need to learn the fundamentals.
- You have been meaning to make your own website FOREVER.
- You like learning to be fun & collaborative.
- You have already designed & coded your own websites from scratch.
- You are looking to learn advanced topics such as back-end programming.
- You want to make mobile apps.
- You think learning has to be serious.
- You don't like fun or collaboration.
Our Blueprints come out to around $4 a day. Less than HALF the price of comparable programs – and 100% more fun, we promise! You can make 3 monthly payments of $149 or a full payment of $399, whatever fits your life and budget.